Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Clear Evidence

Some people require proof before they will believe. This bars them from ever understanding and thus believing the greatest truths. The greatest truths are those concerning God and eternity. This blog isn't for them.

My purpose isn't to convince an unbeliever of the existence of God. Nothing I'll post here, or could post here could possibly accomplish that. My purpose is simply to present evidence that God is real. The cynic still won't be convinced.

A coworker of mine and I were having a discussion that landed (inevitably) on the topic of evolution. When I told him that I didn't believe in evolution, he came back with his experience in horse breeding, suggesting that he'd observed evolution in action. After several more volleys, he finally stated his standard of proof: "If they'd show me human tracks superimposed upon dinosaur tracks in the same layers of strata, then I'd believe them." Right away, I told him that they (the ambiguous "they") had uncovered just such evidence in many places on earth. Within a few days I'd found the book and page that documented an example of this in southern Utah, about 43 miles southwest of Delta. Here, sandal-clad human footprints overlaid trilobite fossils from before the dinosaurs (in evolutionary thinking). These fossils were supposedly from the Paleozoic or even Cambrian period (around 250 million years ago), yet they were superimposed by indisputably human footprints, which, in evolutionists thinking, couldn't have been been made until just 45,000 years ago! Scientists immediately labeled them a hoax until they returned with the man to uncover many more that he'd not discovered. When I showed my coworker this evidence, he said, "Hmph, that's interesting." and stomped off angry, rather than convinced. Such is the mind of the unbelieving man.

But perhaps a Christian, teetering on the edge, caught between the teachings of his pastor and the Bible, and the ridicule so overwhelmingly flowing from the world's demagogues (i.e. the media, university professors, apostate religious organizations, etc...) will think again before abandoning the faith to follow a different faith, today known as "science".

It is my intention to post on a handful of recurring themes:

1) Scientific and historical evidence that the Bible is true.
2) Evidence that the Darwinists are greatly changing their theories daily.
3) An attempt at explaining how true science is consistent with the Bible (and not the other way around.)

So I hope some of these things are encouraging to you as they have been to me. Once you learn to be suspicious of the scientific community, it's startling how many other things start making sense.

I would hope that anyone who reads this would accept the axiom of Colossians 1:18b "...that in all things he [Christ] might have the preeminence."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll look forward to seeing what you have. It looks to me like you have some good information that I hope will be helpful.

Anonymous said...

ok sooo... where are you getting all your theories from? just your smart self? or are there really facts behind everything you say? which im guessing not since your main point seems to be against scince... I'd say if your so sure about it then go big, make a book or something, right??? but I mean I would'nt really feel comfortable going against so many theories and so many scientists and smart people who had and have spent their lives doing what they do. and hell you might even be right but seems to me you're a bit too sure, so yeah, know before you act. and i mean common!

Jason Hodge said...

Mr. Anonymous,

Thanks for reading. The Bible points out that the world will look at the Bible and find "oppositions of science, falsely so called".

If you define "science" as the sum of all working theories held by today's professional scientists, then, yes, I disagree with science.

If you define "science" as how and why things work, and what makes up the physical universe, then, no, I don't disagree with science in the slightest.

As you read, if you care to notice, you'll see that I don't refute what is plainly proven. I do refute what is simply believed, asserted, or demagogued.

Evolution, global warming, climate change, greenhouse gasses, global deforestation, energy shortages, ozone layer depletion, acid rain, genetically modified crops, over population of the earth, lack of drinking water, oil shortages, and many other issues are either false (evolution), drummed up (overpopulation), or simply made by the very people arguing that they are a problem (oil shortages).

Science is one of my favorite subjects. But true science is an observation of how God made things. Any other approach makes unretractable presuppositions. What I mean is that if you've built a system of science based upon the presupposition that there is no God, then you cannot, much later re-introduce belief in God to explain the remainder of what science cannot explain. By that point, the non-existence of God is one of the things that science claims to have discovered, which is false. Anyone who re-introduces God, even for marginal things, is attacked as unscientific, as I am now.